Privacy Notice (reading time: 5 min)
- We try hard to be user friendly and transparent, so we hope you will spend 5 minutes reading our privacy notice.
- Your Data and our Use: We do not own your data – you do – so we use as little of your data as possible for exactly the purposes we need to.
- We process the personal data we request from you to make the Hoard platform work.
- Moreover, we track you when you use our website and app, if you give us your consent. We do this to get a good picture of how Hoard is used in order to give you the best possible user experience.
- We do not use, sell or share your data with third parties for profit.
- You should be aware though, that Hoard interacts in different ways with third parties such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Telegram, Youtube and Medium on our website and in our app.
- We have no control over the use of your data by these third parties. We are nevertheless working continually in order to comply with our responsibility as a joint controller.
- Your use: You, of course, may not use Hoard in a way that damages Hoard. If you misuse Hoard, we can deny our services to you at any time.
- Our Changes: Hoard is free and is developed continuously.
- We can change the Hoard platform as we wish. Nonetheless, we will not process your personal data in a new way without asking for your consent.
- If we change the Hoard platform, we will make sure your account is still open and available to you at all times.
- Security of processing: To ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the Hoard platform, we pseudonymize and encrypt personal data.
- We have also made sure we have the ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- To make sure our security of processing does not fail, we continually test, asses and evaluate the effectiveness of our measures.
- To ensure our processing security does not fail, we continually test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of our measures.
- Your Privacy – Our Mission
- Consent: You have the right to withdraw consent at any time; for example, by deleting your account or unsubscribing from our newsletter.
- Purpose and legal basis: As a starting point the legal basis for our processing of your data is your consent.
- Depending on the circumstances we might also use other grounds for processing your personal data such as the performance of a contract to which you are party or compliance with a legal obligation to which Hoard is subject.
- The recipients or categories of recipients: We share your data with public authorities, if we are obliged to do so by law.
- Our data processors and sub-processors also handle your data on our behalf based on a data processing agreement.
- Transfer personal data to a third country outside the EU/EEA: We transfer data to countries outside the EU based on a decision of adequate level of data protection.
- The European Commission has so far recognised Andorra, Argentina, Canada (commercial organizations), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, Uruguay and the United States of America (limited to the Privacy Shield framework) as providing adequate protection.
- It is expected that the European Commission will soon decide that Japan is also providing an adequate level of data protection.
- In some circumstances we may transfer data outside the EU using model contracts, that the European Commission have decided offer sufficient safeguards on data protection for the data to be transferred internationally.
- The period during which personal data will be stored: When you erase your account or unsubscribe from our newsletter, we erase your personal data, unless we have legal ground for retaining your personal data.
- Your rights: You have the right to request access to or rectification of your personal data. For instance you can ask us to send you a copy of your personal data and you can decide that we must rectify some or all of the personal data.
- In addition, you have the right to erasure of your personal data, otherwise referred to the ‘right to be forgotten.’
- You have a right to data portability: The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
- Please be aware that the right only applies to information you have provided to Hoard.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You, for instance, have an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing.
- Hoard must answer a request or an objection without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. While Hoard processes a request for erasure or rectification or an objection you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data. When processing is restricted, Hoard can store your personal data, but we cannot use it. We may lift the restriction in some cases. If we do, we will notify you.
- Be aware that not all of these rights apply fully to all your personal data in all circumstances. Additionally, some of these rights you enforce by using relevant functions in Hoard or by means designated by Hoard.
Hoard A/S, Skinderskovvej 10, 2730 Herlev, Denmark (DK)
Business reg. no. 39209446
Borgergade 28, 5., 1300 Copenhagen, tel. +45 33 19 32 00